UK Genealogy Archives logo
DISCLOSURE: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission.

Thelnetham, Suffolk

Historical Description

Thelnetham, a parish in Suffolk, on the river Little Ouse, 7 miles from Diss station on the G.E.R., and 10 ESE of Thetford. It has a post office under Harling; money order office, Hopton; telegraph office, Garboldisham. Acreage, 1919; population of the civil parish, 376; of the ecclesiastical, 351. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely, gross value, £380 with residence. The church is a building of flint with thatched roof, in the Early English style, and has been restored.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountySuffolk 
Ecclesiastical parishThelnetham St. Nicholas 
HundredBlackbourn 
Poor Law unionThetford 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Thelnetham from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Suffolk is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Thelnetham are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Suffolk papers online:

DistrictSt. Edmundsbury
CountySuffolk
RegionEastern
CountryEngland
Postal districtIP22
Post TownDiss

Advertisement

Advertisement