Brinnington, a township in Stockport parish, Cheshire, adjacent to the Peak Forest Canal, 2 miles NE of Stockport, Acreage, 778; population, 7061. A portion of the townshp is within the municipal borough of Stockport,
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Stockport|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Brinnington from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cheshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Brinnington are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cheshire papers online:
The Visitation of Cheshire, 1580 is available on the Heraldry page.