Brindley is a township, in the parish of Acton, 4 miles west from Nantwich station on the Crewe and Shrewsbury section of the London and North Western railway, and gave its name to the family of the great canal engineer, James Brindley, born at Wormhill, Derbyshire, in 1716.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Nantwich|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
The Wesleyan chapel, built in 1873 at a cost of about £2,000, is of brick, with stone dressings, in the Pointed Gothic style; in front is a belfry with clock, and there is a spired turret on either side.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Brindley from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cheshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Brindley are available from a number of sites: