UK Genealogy Archives logo
DISCLOSURE: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission.

Stonham, Little, or Stonham Parva, Suffolk

Historical Description

Stonham, Little, or Stonham Parva, a parish, with a village, in Suffolk, 4½ miles NE by N of Needham Market station on the G.E.R. It has a post office under Stowmarket; money order and telegraph office, Stonham. Acreage, 1202; population, 346. There is a parish council consisting of seven members. There are some large mailings. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich; gross value, £319 with residence. The church, which was restored in 1886, is a fine Gothic building of flint, consisting of chancel, nave, S aisle and porch, and an embattled western tower. There are a Baptist chapel and several useful charities.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountySuffolk 
Ecclesiastical parishStonham Parva St. Mary 
HundredBosmere and Claydon 
Poor Law unionBosmere and Claydon 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Stonham, Little, or Stonham Parva from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Suffolk is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Suffolk papers online:

Advertisement

Advertisement