UK Genealogy Archives logo
DISCLOSURE: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission.

Little Finborough, Suffolk

Historical Description

Finborough, Little, a parish in Suffolk, 3½ miles SW of Stowmarket station on the G.E.R. Post town, Stowmarket; money order office, Combs; telegraph office, Stowmarket. Acreage of the civil parish, 377; population, 44; of the ecclesiastical, 59. The living is vicarage in the diocese of Norwich; gross value, £78. Patron, King's College, Cambridge. The church is a building of flint in the Early English style.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountySuffolk 
Ecclesiastical parishLittle Finborough St. Mary 
HundredStow 
Poor Law unionStow 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Little Finborough from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Suffolk is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Little Finborough are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Suffolk papers online:

DistrictMid Suffolk
CountySuffolk
RegionEastern
CountryEngland
Postal districtIP14
Post TownStowmarket

Advertisement

Advertisement