UK Genealogy Archives logo
DISCLOSURE: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission.

Ilketshall St Margaret, Suffolk

Historical Description

Ilketshall St Margaret, a village and a parish in Suffolk, 3 miles S by E of Bungay station on the G.E.R. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Bungay. Acreage, 2097: population, 268. The manor belongs to the Adair family. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich; net value, £100 with residence. Patron, the Duke of Norfolk. The church is a small but ancient building of flint and rubble in the Early English style, with a round western tower, said to be Saxon.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountySuffolk 
Ecclesiastical parishIlketshall St. Margaret 
HundredWangford 
Poor Law unionWangford 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Ilketshall St Margaret from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Suffolk is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Ilketshall St Margaret are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Suffolk papers online:

DistrictWaveney
CountySuffolk
RegionEastern
CountryEngland
Postal districtNR35
Post TownBungay

Advertisement

Advertisement