UK Genealogy Archives logo
DISCLOSURE: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission.

Hardwick, Suffolk

Historical Description

Hardwick, formerly an extra-parochial tract, now a parish in Suffolk, 1 mile S of Bury St Edmunds. Area, 114 acres; population, 19. It belonged to Bury Abbey, contains Hardwick House, the seat of the Cullum family, and is noted for a fine breed of black-faced sheep.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountySuffolk 
Civil parishHawstead 
HundredThingoe 
Poor Law unionThingoe 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Hardwick from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Suffolk is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Suffolk papers online:

Advertisement

Advertisement