UK Genealogy Archives logo
DISCLOSURE: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission.

Coney Weston, Suffolk

Historical Description

Coney-Weston, a village and a parish in Suffolk, 7 miles SE from Thetford station on the G.E.R., and 6 NE by E from Ixworth, with a post office under Bury-St-Edmunds;. money order and telegraph office, Hopton. Acreage, 1351;. population, 178. The living is a rectory, annexed to that of Bamingham, in the diocese of Ely; joint net yearly value,. £471 with residence. The church is a thatched building of flint (chancel tiled), in the Early Decorated style. Coney-Weston Hall is a chief residence.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountySuffolk 
Ecclesiastical parishWeston-Coney St. Mary 
HundredBlackbourn 
Poor Law unionThetford 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Coney Weston from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Suffolk is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Coney Weston are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Suffolk papers online:

DistrictSt. Edmundsbury
CountySuffolk
RegionEastern
CountryEngland
Postal districtIP31
Post TownBury St. Edmunds

Advertisement

Advertisement