UK Genealogy Archives logo
DISCLOSURE: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission.

Brampton, Suffolk

Historical Description

Brampton, a village and a parish in Suffolk, on the G.E.R., 4¼ miles NE by N of Halesworth. There is a station on the railway, and a post office under Wangford (R.S.O.), which is the money order and telegraph office. Acreage of parish, 2074; population, 308. Brampton Hall is a chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich; gross value, £330 with residence. The church is a building of flint in the Perpendicular style.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountySuffolk 
Ecclesiastical parishBrampton St. Peter 
HundredBlything 
Poor Law unionBlything 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Brampton from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Suffolk is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Brampton are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Suffolk papers online:

DistrictWaveney
CountySuffolk
RegionEastern
CountryEngland
Postal districtNR34
Post TownBeccles

Advertisement

Advertisement