UK Genealogy Archives logo
DISCLOSURE: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission.

Blundeston, Suffolk

Historical Description

Blundeston, a parish in Suffolk, near the coast, 2½ miles ENE of Somerleyton station on the G.E.R., and 3½ NW by N of Lowestoft, under which it has a post and money order office; telegraph office, Somerleyton. Acreage, 1583; population of the civil parish, 741; of the ecclesiastical, including Flixton, 838. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Flixton, in the diocese of Norwich; net yearly value, £348 with residence. The church is an ancient building of stone in the Early English style. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountySuffolk 
Ecclesiastical parishBlundeston St. Mary 
HundredMutford and Lothingland 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Blundeston from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Suffolk is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Blundeston are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Suffolk papers online:

DistrictWaveney
CountySuffolk
RegionEastern
CountryEngland
Postal districtNR32
Post TownLowestoft

Advertisement

Advertisement