UK Genealogy Archives logo
DISCLOSURE: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission.

Baylham, Suffolk

Historical Description

Baylham, a village and a parish in Suffolk, on the river Gipping and the G.E.R., 2¼ miles NNW of Claydon station, and 7 NW by W of Ipswich, under which there is a post office; money order and telegraph office, Claydon. Acreage, 1357; population, 288. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich; gross yearly value, £268 with residence. The church, a Gothic structure of stone and flint, was restored in 1870.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountySuffolk 
Ecclesiastical parishBaylham St. Peter 
HundredBosmere and Claydon 
Poor Law unionBosmere and Claydon 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Baylham from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Suffolk is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Baylham are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Suffolk papers online:

DistrictMid Suffolk
CountySuffolk
RegionEastern
CountryEngland
Postal districtIP6
Post TownIpswich

Advertisement

Advertisement