Trysull, a parish, with a village, in Staffordshire, 5½ miles SW of Wolverhampton, on the borders of Salop and Worcestershire. It has a post office under Wolverhampton; money order and telegraph office, Wombourne. It contains the hamlet of Seisdon. Acreage, 2951; population, 554. There is a parish council consisting of seven members. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield; net value, £220 with residence. The church is ancient, and was restored in 1889. It has a low square tower, and contains an ancient stone font Seisdon workhouse is in the parish.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Trysull All Saints|
|Poor Law union||Seisdon|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Trysull from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Trysull (All Saints))
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Staffordshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Staffordshire newspapers online:
- Staffordshire Advertiser
- Tamworth Herald
- Lichfield Mercury
- Staffordshire Sentinel
- Wolverhampton Chronicle and Staffordshire Advertiser