Smallthorne, an ecclesiastical parish in Norton-in-the Moors parish, Staffordshire, 1½ mile ENE of Burslem. It has a station, called Ford Green and Smallthorne, on the North Staffordshire railway, and a post and money order office under Stoke-upon-Trent; telegraph office, at the railway station. It was constituted in 1859. Population, 5279. Under the Local Government Act of 1894 Smallthorne was constituted an urban district, and has a council consisting of fifteen members. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield; net value, £287 with residence. Patron, the Rector of Norton-le-Moors. The church was erected in 1850 in the Early English style, and was enlarged in 1885. There are Primitive and New Connexion Methodist and Wesleyan chapels, and a cemetery.
Online maps of Smallthorne are available from a number of sites: