Pipe Ridware, Staffordshire
Pipe Ridware, a parish in Staffordshire, on the river Trent, 2 miles ENE of Armitage station on the Trent Valley section of the L. & N.W.R., and 4 E of Rugeley. Post town and telegraph office, Rugeley; money order office, Armitage. Acreage, 823; population, 84. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield; net value, £54. Patron, the Bishop of Lichfield. The church was rebuilt in 1842, and contains a Norman font.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Pipe Ridware St. James|
|Poor Law union||Lichfield|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Pipe Ridware from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Ridware, Pipe (St. James))
- Staffordshire and Warwickshire, Past and Present, 1884
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Staffordshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Staffordshire newspapers online: