Penkhull, a village, a township, and an ecclesiastical parish in Stoke-upon-Trent parish, Staffordshire. The village stands 1½ mile WSW of Stoke-upon-Trent. The township includes the village, and shares largely in the prosperity of the Potteries. The ecclesiastical parish includes but a portion of the township, and was constituted in 1844. Population, 3809. Post town, Stoke-upon-Trent. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Lichfield; net value, £165. Patron, the Rector of Stoke-upon-Trent. The church was built in 1843, and is in the Early English style. There is a Primitive Methodist chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Stoke upon Trent
|Poor Law union
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Penkhull from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Penkhull)
Online maps of Penkhull are available from a number of sites: