Normacot or Normacott, Staffordshire
Normacot or Normacott, a liberty in Stone parish, and an ecclesiastical parish partly also in Trentham parish, Staffordshire. The liberty is partly within the municipal borough of Longton, and has a station on the North Staffordshire railway. Post town, Longton. The manor belongs to the Duke of Sutherland, and there are waterworks formed at the Duke's expense. The ecclesiastical parish was constituted in 1852. Population, 5437. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield; net value, £160 with residence. Patron, the Duke of Sutherland. The church was built in 1847, and enlarged in 1892. It is a stone edifice with a bell-turret. There is a Primitive Methodist chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Normacot or Normacott from the following: