Milwich or Millwich, Staffordshire
Milwich or Millwich, a village and a parish in Staffordshire. The village stands on a small affluent of the river Trent, 2½ miles NE of Sandon station on the North Staffordshire railway, and 5 SE by E of Stone. It has a post office-under Stone; money order office, Sandon; telegraph office, Sandon railway station. The parish contains also the hamlets of Coton, Garshall Green, and part of Dayhills. Acreage, 3042; population, 515. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield; net value, £136 with residence. The church was rebuilt, with the exception of the tower, in 1792.. There is a Wesleyan chapel at Garshall Green.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Milwich All Saints|
|Poor Law union||Stone|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Milwich or Millwich from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Milwich (All Saints))
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Staffordshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Staffordshire newspapers online:
- Staffordshire Advertiser
- Tamworth Herald
- Lichfield Mercury
- Staffordshire Sentinel
- Wolverhampton Chronicle and Staffordshire Advertiser
Villages, Hamlets, &cCoton Hayes