Milton, a village and an ecclesiastical parish in Norton-in-the-Moors and Burslem civil parishes, Staffordshire. The village stands on the Caldon Canal, 2 miles E of Burslem, and has a station on the Leek branch of the North Staffordshire railway, and a post, money order, and telegraph office (S.O.) The ecclesiastical parish was constituted in 1865. Population, 2282. There are electric and chemical works. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield; gross value, £190 with residence. Patron, Lord Norton. The church was enlarged in 1865. A Wesleyan chapel, in memory of the Eev. S. Lee, a native of the village, and the first missionary to New Zealand, was built in the year 1865. There are also Baptist, Congregational, and Primitive Methodist chapels.
Online maps of Milton are available from a number of sites: