Marston, a township and ancient chapelry in St Mary's parish, Staffordshire, 3 miles N of Stafford. Post town, Stafford. Acreage of the township, 1296; population, 623. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield; gross value, £119 with residence. Patron; the Rector of St Mary's, Stafford. The church is a 19th-century restoration, in a plain style, of an older church on the same site.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Stafford|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Marston from the following:
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Staffordshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Staffordshire newspapers online: