Heath Town, Staffordshire
Heath Town, a town and an ecclesiastical parish in Wolverhampton parish, Staffordshire. The town is 1 mile NW of Wolverhampton, on the Wysley and Essington Canal, and has a station on the M.R., and a post and money order office under Wolverhampton; telegraph office, Wolverhampton. It is governed by a local board. Safes, locks, hinges, bicycles &c., are manufactured. The ecclesiastical parish (Wednes-field Heath) was constituted in 1853. The living is a vicarage in Lichfield diocese; net value, £300 with residence. The church is modern. There are Congregational, Wesleyan, Primitive and New Connexion Methodist chapels, and almshouses.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Staffordshire is online.
Online maps of Heath Town are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Staffordshire newspapers online: