Haselor, formerly extra-parochial, now a parish in Staffordshire, on the river Meese, adjacent to the boundary with Derbyshire, 4 miles N of Tamworth. It has a station, jointly with Elford, on the Birmingham and Derby branch of the M.R. Post town, Tamworth; money order and telegraph office, Elford. Acreage, 586; population, 42. Haselor Hall is an ancient half-timbered mansion. A Roman Catholic chapel is adjacent
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Haselor from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Haselor)
- Staffordshire and Warwickshire, Past and Present, 1884
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Staffordshire is online.
Online maps of Haselor are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Staffordshire newspapers online: