Golden Hill, Staffordshire
Golden Hill, a village and an ecclesiastical parish in Staffordshire, adjacent to Cheshire, 1¼ mile N of Tunstall, and 2½ miles NW of Burslem, with a station on the North Staffordshire railway, and a post, money order, and telegraph office under Stoke-upon-Trent. The parish was constituted in 1844, and includes the township of Oldcott and part of that of Ranscliffe. Population, 3860. There are collieries, iron-works, and chemical works. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield; gross yearly value, £312. Patron, the Bishop of Lichfield. The church is a brick edifice in the Norman style. There are Roman Catholic, Wesleyan, Primitive Methodist, and Baptist chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Wolstanton and Burslem|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Golden Hill from the following:
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Staffordshire is online.
Online maps of Golden Hill are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Staffordshire newspapers online: