Fulford, a village and a chapelry in Stone parish, Staffordshire, 4 miles NE of Stone. Post town, Blithe Bridge, under Stoke-upon-Trent. There are extensive nurseries in the neighbourhood belonging to the family of the late John and Elijah Hill. Population, 575. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Lichfield; net yearly value, £100 with residence. The church is dedicated to St Nicholas, and was built in 1825. There are Wesleyan and New Connexion Methodist chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Fulford from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Fulford)
Online maps of Fulford are available from a number of sites: