Fradswell, a township and an ecclesiastical parish in Colwich parish, Staffordshire, 3 miles NE of Weston station on the North Staffordshire railway, and 7½ SE by E of Stone, with a post office under Stafford; money order office, Weston; telegraph office, Ingestre railway station. Acreage, 1442; population, 180. Fradswell Hall is the chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield; gross value, £138 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of Lichfield.. The church was rebuilt in 1764, and restored and enlarged in 1852.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Stafford|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Fradswell from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Fradswell)
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Staffordshire is online.
Online maps of Fradswell are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Staffordshire newspapers online: