Fradley, a village and a township in Alrewas parish, Staffordshire, on the Grand Trunk Canal, near Icknield Street, 1 mileW of Alrewas station on the L. & N.W.R.,and 4¼ miles NE by N of Lichfield. Post town, Lichfield. Area and population returned with Alrewas. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Alrewas, in the diocese of Lichfield; joint net value, £235 with residence. The church, a chapel of ease to Alrewas parish church, was built in 1861.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Fradley from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Fradley)
- Staffordshire and Warwickshire, Past and Present, 1884
Online maps of Fradley are available from a number of sites: