Forebridge, a liberty and an ecclesiastical parish in Castle Church parish, Staffordshire, 1 mile SW, and partly within the municipal and parliamentary borough of Stafford. Posfc town, Stafford. The ecclesiastical parish was constituted in 1844. Population, 3729, The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield; gross value, —£182 with residence— Patron, the Vicar of Castle Church. The church is a cruciform edifice in the Early Decorated style, and was built in 1844.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Forebridge from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Forebridge, with Burton)
Online maps of Forebridge are available from a number of sites: