Fisherwick, a township in Lichfield St Michael parish, Staffordshire, on the river Tame, 3½ miles E by N of Lichfield. Acreage, 1293 of land and 20 of water; population, 124. Fisherwick Hall formerly belonged to the Marquis of Donegal; it was demolished, and the park and grounds converted into farms in 1808. It gives the title of Baron to the Marquis of Donegal.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Lichfield|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Fisherwick from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Fisherwick)
- Staffordshire and Warwickshire, Past and Present, 1884
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Staffordshire is online.
Online maps of Fisherwick are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Staffordshire newspapers online: