Coppenhall, a village, a township, and an ecclesiastical parish in Penkridge parish, Staffordshire, 3 miles S by W of Stafford, and 4 NW of Penkridge. Post. town, Stafford. Acreage of the township, 907; population, 109. The living is a vicarage, annexed to that of Dunston, in the diocese of Lichfield; joint net yearly value, £110. Patron, Lord Hatherton. The church is ancient, and was restored in 1866.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Penkridge|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Coppenhall from the following:
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Staffordshire is online.
Online maps of Coppenhall are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Staffordshire newspapers online: