Brockton or Brocton, Staffordshire
Brockton or Brocton, a township in Baswich parish, Staffordshire, adjacent to the Staffordshire Canal, 4 miles SE of Stafford. Acreage, 2341; population, 212. It has a station (Milford and Brocton) on the L. & N.W.R. Brockton Hall and Brockton Lodge are the chief residences.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
The register of Holy Trinity, Baswich, dates from the year 1601.
Church of England
The mission church of brick was erected about 1890 and will seat 100 persons.
Primitive Methodist Chapel
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Brockton or Brocton from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Brockton)
Online maps of Brockton or Brocton are available from a number of sites: