Bramshall, a village and a parish in Staffordshire, 2 miles W of Uttoxeter. The parish includes the hamlet of Dagdale, and its post town is Uttoxeter. Acreage, 1328; population, 146. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield; net value, £84 with residence. Patron, Lord Willoughby de Broke. The church was rebuilt in 1835.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Bramshall St. Lawrence|
|Poor Law union||Uttoxeter|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Bramshall from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Bramshall (St. Lawrence))
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Staffordshire is online.
Online maps of Bramshall are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Staffordshire newspapers online:
- Staffordshire Advertiser
- Tamworth Herald
- Lichfield Mercury
- Staffordshire Sentinel
- Wolverhampton Chronicle and Staffordshire Advertiser
Villages, Hamlets, &cDagdale
Dugdale or Dagdale