Bradley in the Moors, Staffordshire
Bradley-in-the-Moors, a parish in Staffordshire, 1 mile WSW of Alton station on the North Staffordshire railway, and 3 miles ESE of Cheadle. Post town, Alton (Staffordshire). Acreage, 677; population, 65. The Earl of Shrewsbury and Talbot is lord of the manor. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Lichfield; net value, £64. Patron, the Earl of Shrewsbury and Talbot. The church, rebuilt in 1750, is small.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Bradley-in-the-Moors All Saints|
|Poor Law union||Cheadle|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Bradley in the Moors from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Bradley-in-the-Moors (All Saints))
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Staffordshire is online.
Online maps of Bradley in the Moors are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Staffordshire newspapers online: