Bradley, an ecclesiastical parish constituted in 1865 from the parishes of Wolverhampton and Sedgeley, in Staffordshire, adjacent to Bilston. It has a station under the name of Bradley and Moxley on the G.W.R., and a post, money order, and telegraph office (T.S.O.) under Bilston. Population, 5146. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield; net value, £382. Patrons, trustees. The church was. completed in 1868 at a cost of £6000, and is in the Early English style. There are Wesleyan and Free Methodist chapels.
The register dates from the year 1865.
Church of England
St. Martin (parish church)
The church of St. Martin, erected in 1866, at a cost of £6,000, is a building of stone in the Early English style, consisting of apsidal chancel, clerestoried nave, aisles, south porch and a south-western tower with octagonal broach spire containing a clock and 8 bells: there are three stained windows: the church was restored in 1880 at a cost of £800, and affords 800 sittings.
United Methodist Church, Hill Street
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Staffordshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Staffordshire newspapers online:
- Staffordshire Advertiser
- Tamworth Herald
- Lichfield Mercury
- Staffordshire Sentinel
- Wolverhampton Chronicle and Staffordshire Advertiser