Blurton, a village, a township, and an ecclesiastical parish in Trentham parish, Staffordshire, adjacent to the Grand Trunk Canal, 2 miles E of Trentham. Post town, Stoke-on-Trent; money order office, Dresden; telegraph office, Longton. A portion of the township, with part of Stone parish, forms the ecclesiastical parish of St Bartholomew Blurton, the population of which is 438. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield; net value, £350 with residence. Patron, the Duke of Sutherland. The church is ancient, and was restored in 1867. There is also a mission chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Stone|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Blurton from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Blurton)
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Staffordshire is online.
Online maps of Blurton are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Staffordshire newspapers online: