Westley Waterless, Cambridgeshire
Westley Waterless, a parish in Cambridgeshire, 2 miles S of Dullingham station on the G.E.R., and 5½ SSW of Newmarket. It has a post office under Newmarket; money order and telegraph office, Six Mile Bottom. Acreage, 1149; population, 187. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely; net value, £230 with residence. The church is a structure of flint in the Early English style.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Westley-Waterless St. Mary|
|Poor Law union||Newmarket|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Westley Waterless from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Westley-Waterless (St. Mary))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cambridgeshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Westley Waterless are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cambridgeshire papers online:
- Cambridge Independent Press
- Cambridge Chronicle and Journal
- Huntingdon, Bedford & Peterborough Gazette
The Visitations of Cambridgeshire 1575 and 1619 is available online.