West Wratting, Cambridgeshire
Wratting, West, a parish, with a village, in Cambridgeshire, 4 miles SE of Six Mile Bottom station on the G.E.R., and 4¾ NNE of Linton, with a post, money order, and telegraph office under Cambridge. Acreage, 3543; population, 534. There is a parish council consisting of seven members. Wratting Park is the chief residence. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely; net value, £240 with residence. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Ely. The church is an ancient structure of flint and rubble in the Decorated style. There is a Congregational chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||West Wratting St. Andrew|
|Poor Law union||Linton|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for West Wratting from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Wratting, West (St. Andrew))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cambridgeshire is available to browse.
Online maps of West Wratting are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cambridgeshire papers online:
- Cambridge Independent Press
- Cambridge Chronicle and Journal
- Huntingdon, Bedford & Peterborough Gazette
The Visitations of Cambridgeshire 1575 and 1619 is available online.