South Brewham, Somerset
Brewham, South, a parish in Somersetshire, 2¼ miles NE by N of Bruton station on the G.W.R. It has a post office under Bath; money order and telegraph office, Bruton. Acreage, 3852; population, 347. The living is a vicarage, with North Brewham, in the diocese of Bath and Wells; gross value, £104. The church is good, and was restored in 1882, and there are also Wesleyan and Baptist chapels.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Somerset Archives & Local Studies, have images of the Parish Registers for Somerset online.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Online maps of South Brewham are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Somerset papers online:
- Bath Chronicle and Weekly Gazette
- Taunton Courier, and Western Advertiser
- Western Gazette
- Wells Journal
- Somerset County Gazette
The Visitation of Somersetshire, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.