UK Genealogy Archives logo

Wendy, Cambridgeshire

Historical Description

Wendy, a parish in Cambridgeshire, 5 miles NNW of Royston station on the G.N.R. It has a post office under Royston; money order and telegraph office, Arrington. Acreage, 1023; population of the civil parish, 127; of the ecclesiastical with Shingay, 201. The living is a vicarage, united with Shingay, in the diocese of Ely; net value, £115 with residence. The church was rebuilt in 1867, and is a building of stone in the Early English style.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyCambridgeshire 
HundredArmingford 
Poor Law unionRoyston 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Wendy from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cambridgeshire is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Wendy are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cambridgeshire papers online:


Visitations Heraldic

The Visitations of Cambridgeshire 1575 and 1619 is available online.

DistrictSouth Cambridgeshire
CountyCambridgeshire
RegionEastern
CountryEngland
Postal districtSG8
Post TownRoyston