Podimore Milton, Somerset
Pudymore Milton or Podimore, a parish, with a village, in Somerset, 2 miles NE of Ilchester, 3½ from Marston, and 4 E from Sparkford stations on the G.W.R., and 6½ NNW of Yeovil station on the L. & S.W.R. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Ilchester. Acreage, 1005; population, 103. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells; net value, £150 with residence. The church is Early English, has an octagonal tower, and was restored in 1872 and again in 1889.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Podimore Milton St. Peter|
|Poor Law union||Yeovil|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
The Phillimore transcript of Marriages at Podymore Milton 1744-1812, Somerset is available to browse online.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Somerset Archives & Local Studies, have images of the Parish Registers for Somerset online.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Podimore Milton from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Podimore, Milton (St. Peter))
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Somerset papers online:
- Bath Chronicle and Weekly Gazette
- Taunton Courier, and Western Advertiser
- Western Gazette
- Wells Journal
- Somerset County Gazette
The Visitation of Somersetshire, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.