North Perrott, Somerset
Perrott, North, a parish, with a village, in Somerset, on the river Parret, adjacent to Dorsetshire, 2 miles ENE of Crewkerne station on the L. & S.W.R. Post town, Crewkerne; money order office, Haselbury Plucknett; telegraph office, Crewkerne. Acreage, 1281; population, 291. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells; net value, £270 with residence. The church is Later English, cruciform, and good, and has a tower. The district is noted for its fine breed of horned sheep.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||North Perrot St. Martin|
|Poor Law union||Yeovil|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Somerset Archives & Local Studies, have images of the Parish Registers for Somerset online.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for North Perrott from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Perrot, North (St. Martin))
Online maps of North Perrott are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Somerset papers online:
- Bath Chronicle and Weekly Gazette
- Taunton Courier, and Western Advertiser
- Western Gazette
- Wells Journal
- Somerset County Gazette
The Visitation of Somersetshire, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.