Kingston, a parish in Somerset, 1 mile SE of Ilminster station on the G.W.R. Post town, Ilminster. It contains. The hamlets of Allowenshay and Ludney. Acreage, 929; population, 199. The manor belongs to Earl Poulett. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells; gross value, £50. The church is Later English, very handsome, and comprises nave and chancel, a central tower with four bells, and a S porch.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Kingston All Saints|
|Poor Law union||Chard|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Somerset Archives & Local Studies, have images of the Parish Registers for Somerset online.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Kingston from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Kingston (All Saints))
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Somerset papers online:
- Bath Chronicle and Weekly Gazette
- Taunton Courier, and Western Advertiser
- Western Gazette
- Wells Journal
- Somerset County Gazette
The Visitation of Somersetshire, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.