UK Genealogy Archives logo

Forscote, Somerset

Historical Description

Forscote or Foxcote, a small parish in Somerset, 2 miles E from the stations of the G.W. & M.R. at Radstock, which is the post town. Acreage, 610; population, 62. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells; value, £140 with residence. The church, consisting of tower, nave, and chancel, was rebuilt in 1721, and again restored in 1866.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountySomersetshire 
Ecclesiastical parishForscote St. James 
HundredWellow 
Poor Law unionFrome 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Church Records

Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Somerset Archives & Local Studies, have images of the Parish Registers for Somerset online.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Forscote from the following:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Somerset papers online:


Visitations Heraldic

The Visitation of Somersetshire, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.