Corston, a parish in Somerset, on the G.W.R., adjacent to the river Avon, about 1 mile SW of Saltford station, and 3 miles W of Bath. It has a post office under Saltford (R.S.Q.); money order and telegraph office, Tiverton-on-Avon. Acreage, 1217; population, 369. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells; value, £130. Patron, the Bishop of Bath and Wells. The church is Early English, consists of nave and chancel with a tower, and is in good condition. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Somerset Archives & Local Studies, have images of the Parish Registers for Somerset online.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Online maps of Corston are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Somerset papers online:
- Bath Chronicle and Weekly Gazette
- Taunton Courier, and Western Advertiser
- Western Gazette
- Wells Journal
- Somerset County Gazette
The Visitation of Somersetshire, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.