Clandown, an ecclesiastical parish in Somerset, formed in 1849 out of the parish of Midsomer Norton, 1 mile from Radstock station on the G.W.R. Post town, Bath. Population, 1127. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells; value, £189. Patron, the Vicar of Midsomer Norton. The church was restored in 1873. There are Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Somerset Archives & Local Studies, have images of the Parish Registers for Somerset online.
Online maps of Clandown are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Somerset papers online:
- Bath Chronicle and Weekly Gazette
- Taunton Courier, and Western Advertiser
- Western Gazette
- Wells Journal
- Somerset County Gazette
The Visitation of Somersetshire, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.