Chilton Trinity, Somerset
Chilton-Trinity, a parish in Somerset, on the river Parret, 1¼ mile N of Bridgewater station on the G.W.R. Post town, Bridgewater; money order office, Wembdon. Acreage, 1143; population, 141. The living is a rectory, united with the vicarage of Bridgewater, in the diocese of Bath and Wells; joint value, £325.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Chilton-Trinity Holy Trinity|
|Poor Law union||Bridgwater|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Somerset Archives & Local Studies, have images of the Parish Registers for Somerset online.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Chilton Trinity from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Chilton-Trinity (Holy Trinity))
Online maps of Chilton Trinity are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Somerset papers online:
- Bath Chronicle and Weekly Gazette
- Taunton Courier, and Western Advertiser
- Western Gazette
- Wells Journal
- Somerset County Gazette
The Visitation of Somersetshire, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.