Papworth St Agnes, Cambridgeshire
Papworth St Agnes, a parish in Cambridgeshire, 5 miles ESE of Offord and Buckden station on the G.N. main line, and 5½ SE from Huntingdon. Post town, St Ives; money order and telegraph office, Huntingdon. Acreage, 1316; population, 130. The manor belonged anciently to the Eussells, passed to the Papworths and the Mallorys, and with Lat-tenbury Hill House belongs now to the Sperling family. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely; net value, £200 with residence. The church is Decorated English, was restored in 1854, consists of chancel, nave, N porch, and an embattled western tower, and has four memorial windows of the Sperlings.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cambridgeshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Papworth St Agnes are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cambridgeshire papers online:
- Cambridge Independent Press
- Cambridge Chronicle and Journal
- Huntingdon, Bedford & Peterborough Gazette
The Visitations of Cambridgeshire 1575 and 1619 is available online.