Burnett, a parish in Somersetshire, on the river Chew, 2½ miles from Keynsham station on the G.W.R. Post town, Pensford. Acreage, 619; population, 68. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells; net value, £122. Patrons, trustees. The church has a brass of 1575, and in 1886 was thoroughly restored.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Burnett St. Michael|
|Poor Law union||Keynsham|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Somerset Archives & Local Studies, have images of the Parish Registers for Somerset online.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Burnett from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Burnett (St. Michael))
Online maps of Burnett are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Somerset papers online:
- Bath Chronicle and Weekly Gazette
- Taunton Courier, and Western Advertiser
- Western Gazette
- Wells Journal
- Somerset County Gazette
The Visitation of Somersetshire, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.