Lolworth, a parish in Cambridgeshire, on the Via De-vana, 3 miles SSW of Long Stanton station on the St Ives and Cambridge branch of the G.E.R., and 6 NW of Cambridge. Post town, St Ives; money order office, Boxworth; telegraph office, Swavesey. Acreage, 1110; population, 139. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely; net value, £118 with residence. The church, which stands on a height, is a small but ancient building of stone in the Late Decorated and Perpendicular styles.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Lolworth All Saints|
|Poor Law union||St. Ives|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Lolworth from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Lolworth (All Saints))
- Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire, 1916
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cambridgeshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Lolworth are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cambridgeshire papers online:
- Cambridge Independent Press
- Cambridge Chronicle and Journal
- Huntingdon, Bedford & Peterborough Gazette
The Visitations of Cambridgeshire 1575 and 1619 is available online.