Little Gransden, Cambridgeshire
Gransden, Little, a parish in Cambridgeshire, contiguous to Great Gransden in Huntingdonshire, 2 miles NNE of Gamlingay station on the L. & N.W.R., and 3½ SW of Caxton. Post town, Sandy; money order office, Great Gransden; telegraph office, Gamlingay. Acreage, 1920; population, 227. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Patron, the Bishop of Ely. The church is an ancient building of stone with a lofty embattled western tower.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Little Gransden St. Peter and St. Paul|
|Poor Law union||Caxton and Arrington|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Little Gransden from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Gransden, Little (St. Peter and St. Paul))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cambridgeshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Little Gransden are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cambridgeshire papers online:
- Cambridge Independent Press
- Cambridge Chronicle and Journal
- Huntingdon, Bedford & Peterborough Gazette
The Visitations of Cambridgeshire 1575 and 1619 is available online.