UK Genealogy Archives logo

Little Eversden, Cambridgeshire

Historical Description

Eversden, Little, a parish in Cambridgeshire, contiguous to Great Ever&den, 2 miles E by S from Lord's Bridge station on the L. & N.W.R., and 7 SW from Cambridge. Post town, Cambridge; money order office. Great Eversden; telegraph office, Harston. Acreage, 790; population, 219. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely; gross value, £180 with residence, in the gift of Queen's College, Cambridge. The church is an ancient building of stone in the Decorated and Perpendicular styles.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyCambridgeshire 
Ecclesiastical parishLittle Eversden St. Helen 
HundredLongstow 
Poor Law unionCaxton and Arrington 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Little Eversden from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cambridgeshire is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Little Eversden are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cambridgeshire papers online:


Visitations Heraldic

The Visitations of Cambridgeshire 1575 and 1619 is available online.

DistrictSouth Cambridgeshire
CountyCambridgeshire
RegionEastern
CountryEngland
Postal districtCB23
Post TownCambridge