Little Chishall, Cambridgeshire
Chishall, Little, a parish in Essex, on the verge of the county, 5½ miles SE by S of Royston station on the G.N.R., and 8 W of Saffron-Walden. Post town, Royston; money order office, Heydon; telegraph office, Barkway. Acreage, 1216; population, 140. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans, annexed to Heydon; joint net yearly value, £281 with residence. The church is a small building of flint in the Early English style. There is a large chapel, used by Congregationalists and other denominations.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cambridgeshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cambridgeshire papers online:
- Cambridge Independent Press
- Cambridge Chronicle and Journal
- Huntingdon, Bedford & Peterborough Gazette
The Visitations of Cambridgeshire 1575 and 1619 is available online.